Truly Being Seen
Despite yearning to live a more connected, creative, meaningful, open, authentic life, you may often feel disconnected, stuck, misunderstood, like other people don’t “see you” … the REAL you.
Introducing Experimental Honesty, an app to help you discover (or re-discover) what truly matters across multiple domains of your life – intimate relationships, work, family, friendships, health, leisure, and more – and to start immediately living a more honest, authentic life.
You Are a Scientist
Experimental Honesty offers an ever-expanding collection of the most effective skills in clinical psychology and the science of honesty delivered through guided experiments and conversations for you to test out in the laboratory of your daily life: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness-Based Interventions, and much, MUCH more.
Your New Community
Rather than feeling overwhelmed and alone, you’ll begin this journey within a community of individuals who share your values and commitment to building a deeper, more connected, non-judgmental, authentic life.
Learn from the insights of other members and help strengthen the community by sharing your experiences.
Start your free 2-week trial of Experimental Honesty today - no credit card required. If you find the practices and conversations to be as life changing as we expect, you can subscribe to the app after your free trial for $10 per month, or $100 per year.
As a company, we're committed to increasing human health and wellbeing by making tiny, positive changes. Consistent with these values, we donate 10% of our profits to the world's most effective charities through GiveWell.org. Let's make some tiny changes, together!
Hi, I'm Brian Curtis, Ph.D.
If you dream of deepening your relationships and living a more honest, open, authentic life, I can help.
As a clinical psychologist with advanced training in all those fancy sounding treatments listed above, I’ve helped hundreds of people get un-stuck and start living the lives they truly want to live.
Rather than continuing to put your happiness on hold, these changes can be made by learning and practicing the most effective, science-based skills offered in the Experimental Honesty app for you to start testing out right away in the laboratory of your daily life.
These skills and practices are presented in the form of guided experiments to help you:
1) Discover what matters most to you, and then better align your time, attention, and goals with these values;
2) Explore the surprisingly powerful role that honesty plays in your relationships with other people and with yourself;
3) Learn and practice relationship skills to be more assertive, set and hold boundaries, and truly listen and be present to the people you care about most;
4) Gain insight into how different emotions like shame, guilt, fear, sadness, and anger may be getting in the way of the life you truly want to live, and how to effectively overcome these barriers;
5) Increase your skills of mindfulness so you can notice how identifying with specific thoughts may be driving so much of your daily stress and anxiety, and how to break these patterns as you become more aware of them in your daily life; and
6) A whole bunch more! :)
In my personal life, practicing these insights and skills has been life changing. Through no special ability on my part, other than committing to practicing these skills and learning from their outcomes (both positive and negative), I’ve been able to:
1) Complete a master's degree (M.S.) in neuroscience and doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in clinical psychology;
2) Create two businesses;
3) More effectively manage my decades-long struggles with anxiety, perfectionism, and insomnia;
4) Be a more present husband to Megan (my wife of 11 years); and
5) Be a more playful, present, loving father to our 4 young children.
I'm certainly not done with this work. This is an ever-evolving journey that gets more interesting the more we commit to practicing these skills in our daily lives.
What would it mean for you to live a more connected, honest, open, authentic life?
Let's find out together!
Start your free 2-week trial of the Experimental Honesty app today. No credit card required.